Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Week of 1st

What a week of firsts. Last week was extremely special and busy!


For all of those those Great-Grandparents in DC and NY, and Great-Aunt and Uncles in GA who were too far away to be here for the party I will post more pictures soon.

First Birthday! Benjamin turned one on May 14th. It is hard to believe that he is already a year old. It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital holding him for the first time.

First hair cut. It was actually more like a trim. His hair was always in his eyes. We would always push his bangs to the side to get out of his eyes. Well, the longer his hair got the more he looked like a one year with a really big comb over. I only trimmed the front. I didn't dare touch those cute curls in the back! I cut it a little shorter than I wanted, but I am sure it will grow fast and be back in his eyes in no time.

First day of school. Wow. He did great. I dropped him off and they were getting ready for a buggy ride. I put him in it and he was ready to go. He would not even look at me for a picture. There was way too much to check out! However, the other children did look at me with confused faces. I think they were wondering who is this strange lady crying. Yes, I was a little emotional. I think I am going to need major support when he starts kindergarten.

Benjamin also took his first steps! He has been standing independent for over a month, but did not care to walk at all. I went to drop him off at school and set him down far enough away from the table where all the other kids were eating. He had to crawl or walk. He chose walk his first set of steps. I am so glad I got to see it. I think He wanted to show off in front of his new classmates. Later that night we tried to get him to walk again. I got part of it on video before my camera cut off because my memory card was full. So you get to see one of his steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment